Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does any one find this to be an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronromano

Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
US
Let's say you put an IPO in a very busy environment where all incoming calls at answered by a person or two. For years these operators have answered the calls and screened every call to about 60 people out of a 200 station company.

The way the IPO works, there is now way to initate a voice announce call during a screened transfer that:

1 really does voice announce on transfer
2 doesn't get transfered to the speakerphone if the call is accepted when you play with the shortcodes
3 doesn't require a dial direct button or code in front of dialing the target.

The problem is that there is no way on the IPO to press transfer, voice announce the call, and hang up and transfer with ring!

This has been an issue for as long as I have worked on IPO and I feel it needs to be addressed. I am curious how others handle a scenario such as this.

Ron, I feel your pain on this one. I have a list of current features on legacy systems that I replace and make sure to go over them with the customer before hand so that it eases my mind when the issue comes up. When I replace Nortels, the biggest complaint is that you can't see when callers are on another call when you dial them like. The Nortels say "On Another Call" but still allow the calls to go through. People are mistified when I say that it isn't available on the system.

You exact feature is also on my Partner/Merlin list. It stinks, and I feel sick when I can't replicate an exsisting feature. It is also hard to explain why, because I do not know why Avaya dosen't have some of them.

Not knowing a phone is in use is one I can agree with.

Being bassed in Great Britain (a windswept Island of the north cost of Europe that once controlled 50% of the globe :) ) we find call aperance buttons to be a total P.I.T.A
even with Reserve_last_ca they are a waste of 2 buttons! (needed to get the call log fuctions to work correctly)

what is wrong with the plane simple process used by single line handsets (pots) if phone is free it rings else give sengaged tone/diverts to VM
if the user realy wants to be able to accept a 2nd call we have call waiting.

On the subject of phones, why not give the 5410/20's buttons with little led's next to them like 6408's so you can see at a glance even from a distance what state it's in etc instead of angling your head so you can see the little black indicator through the glare/shadowing.

ACS - IP Office Implement

Didn't mention DT phones becaue I didnt want to remind everyone how much better these discontinued handsets were :-(

ronromano,

In my office when the phone rings it rings at all extensions and everybody jumps like crazy to answer. I dont want to hear any more than two rings before its answered. Once the call is answered, the person who picked it up can either help the customer directly or if the customer requests, can be transfered to someone they have already been working with.

If that is the case, the user dials the extension or uses instant messenger (not integrated) to notify the other employee of the call. We either then deliver the call or take a messsage and email it.

Even though we have voicemail pro, we still like to take email messages. I have this thing about being stuck in queue hell and I dont want my customers going through

So anyway, its quite a simple operation that could be simpler if we could just auto announce.

Thanks for your time reading this.

so if someone answers the call, and the caller asks for you, they would annouce to you see if you are there if you take the call they transfer.

Having to wait for ringing then answer slow you down?

To be honest, yes. Personally, I cant yet distinguish the difference between an internal or external call and again, for the way we use the system, it would just be so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back