Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does an ACD Agent HAVE to be a Hot Desking User

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaustill

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2003
US
Does an ACD Agent HAVE to be a Hot Desking User.

If they never share a desk and always use the same phone does the Mitel system still REQUIRE them to be a Hot Desking User.

No. Mitel does not FORCE you. There are two types, traditional (tied to a phone) and Hot Desk.
I believe the consensus with Mitel is to stick either with traditional or hot desk agents. Mixing the types of agents can cause problems. The software will let you mix agents, thats why you arent FORCED to go Hot desk.

I also believe that some of the newer model Mitel phones do not support Traditional Agents. I believe the 6930 and 6940 do not support it.

My advice to you is to stick with Hot Desk Agents.

Take a look at this MiCC KB Article

There is a lot of extra functionality with Hotdesk agents. I'll never go back

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

No 69xx series phone can be made a traditional ACD phone

Non hotdesk ACd is being phased out .
As with KWB its much easier to live with hotdesk acd , especially on MiVB 8 as they dont tend to get inadvertantly logged out by minor outages

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

If you are using MiCC software with the deployment you can't mix the types or it screws up the data the MiCC software tires to work with. Hotdesk ACD agents offer resiliency where "old style" do not.

You can't duct tape stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back