Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does Aloha TS6.2 - 6.5 FOH terminal need .NET framework

Status
Not open for further replies.

eburks

Technical User
Sep 8, 2006
US
I have a very small XP embedded install for my terminals that I hope will work fine when I upgrade from TS5.3 to TS6.5

My embedded image does not contain any of the Microsoft .NET Framework bloatware and has never needed it to run on any 5.x FOH terminal application.

I know Aloha Configuration Center requires Microsoft .NET Framework and some other BOH Aloha stuff may need it too but I really don't want it on my small footprint FOH terminal installs.

Does Aloha 6.x have any need for the .NET framework for a common terminal install

Since I have discovered my own answer to this question and no-one else spoke up I thought I would share what I found out. In most cases Microsoft .NET framework will not be needed on a POS terminal. For Aloha 6.5 and below there is nothing in any standard install that needs .NET There are some flavors of OPOS that are written specificaly for .NET but there is usually a version that will do the job and is not .NET based

it does register some files using .net 2.0..really depends on what you are using on the terminal though and what has been flagged. For example, FPS (biometrics) needs .net 2.0 on the FOH terminal to register the class.

If you use RAL, it needs either .net 1.1 or 2.0, depending on version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back