Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does age matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngtekkid

Technical User
May 19, 2003
TH
Hey guys,

Im wondering if you guys know of any age restriction when it comes to taking the a+ exams. Im 15, but I've been fixing my household computers, friends computer etc for a long time. Ive read Mike Meyers PassPort a+ certification , and im reading a book with practise exams right now, and im trying to get certitifed as soon as possible. If you guys know of a age restriction what is it? Also from an employers point of view ( if any of you are employers) would you ever hire a 15 year old certified tech?

There is no age restriction for taking the exams. As far as employment, that gets into child labor laws and might get a bit stickier.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

there are a lot of people who might hire you as soon as you turn the legal limit in your state... of course, they'll pay you 85% of minimum wage (training wage) but it depends on how you approach them...

I recommend selling value rather than just getting a job... if you can save them $X per time period, you ought to be able to have them pay you $X/5 per time period...

Work out the math yourself; it's how business owners think... Go out there and sell, sell, sell!!!

Setnaffa is an MCP-W2K (working on W2K) with a few other certs, too...

I'm probably wrong on this one, but I think one of my instructors told me there was an age requirement of 18 to take the tests, but I don't know if that was for CompTIA or M$.

Overclocker
(A+, Net+, MCP)

That's Outstanding! I'm very impressed.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

And I thought I was doing well for getting the 2001 A+ Cert. at 17 ... I feel old all of a sudden. :D

I am Comptia A+ Certified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back