Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does a T1 use the same MBM as a PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailmax

Vendor
Mar 30, 2014
US
I have a BCM50 that has an old style T-1 which of course provides no caller ID info. I noticed that it looks like the MBM in the EXP bay is the same that is used for a PRI. It even says that it is a DTI. Does a T1 and PRI use the same MBM? If I have the phone company switch them over to a PRI do I just change the type of service used on the MBM change it from T1 to PRI? Will my DN programming i.e. DID's Lines, features buttons remain or will I have to reprogram. They have 12 sets so no big deal. How about voice mail and AA?

Yes same card. Every thing should be the same you will just need to change the route to the PRI Bloc or pool.

Also, depending on your T1 configuration, you may also need to turn off auto answer, build target lines, assign the lines to sets, and possibly other programming changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back