Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

does 9iAS need 9i database support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

microsky

MIS
May 7, 2001
I want to install 9iAS in my Win2000 SP3 PC, but I didn't install 9i database on my PC, just has oracle8 database, can I install 9iAS without 9i database support?

microsky
hunan

Tell me which version are you trying to install....
It is not necessary to install 9i database for installing an Oracle 9iAS...yes you could very well connect it to Oracle 8 database....
Let me know if you know any further support for installation of 9iAS....could pass you the free installation support number...

Yep

9ias usually ships with something called an "infrastructure" .. which is a scaled-down version of 9i database that contains metadata etc. for the application server... you don't really need oracle db as a back end at all..

Release 1 is the only one that is compatible with DB8. Release 2 onwards its only compatible with 9i DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back