Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does 81c need to be reboot for configuration changes to occur? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobber1

Technical User
Nov 11, 2005
US
I have a option 81c that I inherited about a month ago and I was told that configuration to one of the routes had been changed about 2 months ago so that CDR information could be captured and those changes never were implemented.
I am being told that the PBX needs to be rebooted for this change to take effect.
1) Is this true? Isn't there a ld or something that I can program to tell the switch to make the change that they implemented?

2) if it is true, is there a safe, nice way of shutting the pbx off and rebooting it?

THANKS!

What release? I programmed up OTM Billing and made a change on the route CDR=YES, on Release 4 81c, without rebooting,

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Killian,

NextiraOne Ireland

System needs to be initialized if changes were made to Route Data Block for CDR option OPD after route was already set up.

i've never rebooted a switch for any change to take effect in ld 16.. i've added new cdr to older switches without ever dreaming of a reboot.. before i rebooted, i would add a route, out the trunks and put them in the new cdr ready route.. but i added some tie routes to my cdr not to long ago, worked after the last return

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I do apologize people for not responding quicker. The release I'm on is
VERSION 3321
RELEASE 3
ISSUE 00 + DepList x210300_cpp

Armed with this information do I need to still do a reboot for the changes to occur?

Thanks again in Advance.

It is hard to exactly work out what was changed but the prompt as stated already above "OPD" for out pulsed digits requires an INI (software reset)if it is changed. I believe that when you print out the RDB and the INI has not taken place you will get an error message as the RDB is printed.
I would recommend that you print out all of your RDB information to check this prompt and see if there is an error when printed. I do not know of any other settings that require an INI or reload to take affect other than this one. Hope this helps you?

OPD (YES) Outpulsed Digits in CDR cdr-12
NO Dialed digits in CDR
System must be initialized for changes to the OPD
settings to take effect. Prompted when OTL = YES,
OAL=YES or OAN=YES.

Thanks Everyone,
I will look into this deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back