Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dodgy application

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob1000

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2003
GB
Hello- I have an application that requires config files to be kept in the program files directory. How can we re-direct this so each user gets their own unique files? Thanks in advance.

This depends largely upon the application. So first I'd check with the vendor. If they "don't know" or "don't support Citrix" try placing the config files in the user's profile. You'd probably also have to remove\rename the one in the program files folder to avoid having 2 sets per user. And you'd probably want to change the "START IN" path of the application shortcut or published app properties to %USER%. If this works you can place the default config files in the default user profile. This may or may not work, so I'd test this after hours or on a test server to avoid causing problems.

If the config files are *.ini files, then these can be copied to the users' home directories or anywhere on the users' unique path, and the users should pick up their own copies.

Hope this helps

CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

No unfortunately they are 'modules' that are loaded through a VB script- and apparently can't be mapped to 2 different users.

What I'd like to do is re-direct the program files folder to the user's H drive. Is this possible?

I have had the same problem in the past. In the end I had to write a logon script that subst the H: drive to the program files on the client

Thanks for your reply- I can't seem to use subst on a drive that already exists. So subst c:\program etc h: doesn't map at all. Can you help further

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back