Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Documents stores data not requested . HOW COME? HOW CAN I CONTROL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry625

Technical User
Nov 3, 2001
US
My documents (the file after you click start and scroll up to documents) will accumulate photos & files that I do not request to be put there. An illustration; I changed some instant messenger sounds and the icons of the sounds were on DOCUMENTS!! Is this NORMAL??? I have to DELETE each thing that ends up on this to the RECYCLE bin and then empty it. I have put photos onto floppy disc and the photos not only go to the floppy but are also in DOCUMENTS. Is this Normal? Please Advise. I am tired of deleting the doucuments to the recycle bin for every thing I do.

The Documents you speak of are a list of the last 15 docs(photos, word docs, etc.) accessed. You can use Tweakui(free download) and once installed, you can run it and choose the paranoia tab and select Clear Document history at logon.

Yes it's normal but download and install TweakUI from here:

After installing it go into your control panel and click the TweakUI icon. When it loads go to the IE tab and uncheck the box for 'Add new documents to Documents on Start menu' then click ok and restart. That will keep things from appearing under Documents in the Start menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back