Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

documents printing in wrong order

Status
Not open for further replies.

wknock

MIS
Jun 12, 2003
GB
Hi,

When our users print their 'output queue' from within our case handling system, it works fine on our NT4 print server, but our Win2k server causes some of the docs to print out of order, i.e. the printouts are in a different order than shown within the output queue (the app uses Word to generate the docs which are printed from pre defined templates). I'm assuming it's a server side problem, as it only happens when using the 2k print server. Has anyone experienced similar issues, or know what might be happening. The print servers seem to be set-up correctly....?!?

Thanks,

Will

Check the printer properties and checkout the priority settings...

Printer settings are all fine, we've compared them to the NT server, and also have no problems with general printing. I've got the 'print spooled docs first' option turned off, but the advanced features ticked, does that sound right?

I've got the 'print spooled docs first' option turned off..

What happens if you turn it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back