Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Documents print light using Microsoft Word for Office 365

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkoopers

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2005
US
I noticed starting a few months ago that any document I print using Microsoft Word for Office 365 prints light on my printers (Brother HL2240D printer and Brother HL-L3270CDW Digital Color Printer). In order to have the print dark enough to easily read, I have to set all the text to “bold”. If I print from any other program (such as Microsoft Excel or Adobe Acrobat Reader), the printout is normal readable darkness.

Why is this happening only with Word? Is there a setting in Word to adjust the print darkness?

Thanks to anybody who can help me out.

Check that you don't have Word configured to print with the 'use draft quality' option.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

I am not sure if it is related. But in using another Microsoft product (can't remember which it is). The text itself is not black, but a dark grey. Might check on that.

Thanks for the replies. Please see my responses below.

In the "File-Options-Advanced" screen, the "Use draft quality" box is unchecked.

In the "Advanced" settings section, I also tried changing the "Default resolution" from "220 ppi" to "High fidelity" but it made no difference.

The font color is already set to black (not to dark grey).

The printer itself in it's properties could be set to 'save ink' mode and print as grayscale

There are some bizarre issues between Word and Brother Laser printers, especially if a Word Template is used.

The Brother support site is very helpful, though you may have to search hard as it is a large site.

It helped me when I could not print due to a persistent page size error despite everything seemingly set to A4.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back