Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Documents and mail type themselves????????'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin101

Technical User
Jun 24, 2002
CH
Hello,

I have a windows XP machine online or offline random words appear in (In MS word and Hotmail(compose msg))almost like someone is typing junk. Has anyone come across something like this. How would I sort this out without a format....

thanks

Have you tried a different keyboard to see if it makes any difference ? I assume you havent poured a mug of coffee into it or anything :)

Also make sure you haven't accidentally turned on xp's voice input system - mute your microphone to test.

The machine is a laptop (no Spills).....voice recognition is not enabled, the words it types are proper words but typed in a random order as not to make sense.

there is a ghost in your machine.
seen them type gibberish before, but not proper words.
sorry to be of no help.... knoweldge is power, spread the power

Check the programs active in your system. Might be a joke program being executed. AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

AVChap, thanks tis sorted the problem out, somebody had hidden a program.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back