Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Documenting/ recording phone usage/ abuse 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzrider

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
US
I have a single user that appears to be abusing our phone usage rules. I have an 81C on Rls 23.55. This individual appears to making and receiving an excessive number of personal calls throughout the day and I would like to monitor/ trace this individual's usage for approximately one week. What I don't want to do is turn on CDR and have to manually pick out this persons calls from thousands of records as I do have a large system with over 1000 users. Is there a way to get dialed number and duration of all calls, both incomming and outgoing, associated with a specific user? Any thoughts/ help would be greatly appreciated.

Martin Smith

If you can stay in ld 80 on a TTY, you can run an enhanced trace, for I believe, 24 hrs, maybe longer, giving you a lot of detail on that station.

Mato' Was'aka

I thought of that, however I am the only one with system access and would not be able to keep ld 80 activated throughout the entire day as I'm also the only one authorized/ trained on site. I need to constantly access other ld's in order to perform my daily duties. Thanks for the reply, if you have any other ideas I would love to hear them.

Martin Smith

BobFroeh,
Thanks for the info. I made set ICDA and made CDR/ Port changes in ld15/ ld17 and all works great. Appreciate the qiuck reply. I don't think the user will appreciate it at all! Thanks again,

Martin Smith

I use OTM's Telecom billing system for some daily and weekly reports - it doesn't have to just be for billing.

I run an extension detail report daily for my telerecruiter group and one for the comany's "call-in-sick" line - it just keeps a record and reports incoming and outgoing calls all day with time and length of each call. You can set it up to report on one DN or all your DNs or anything in between.

It's not as fancy as some of the reports you can pull from Symposium but we don't need fancy and it sounds like you might not need fancy either. It even puts the report in an easy to read format and emails the doc as an attachment to the supervisors who need the info.

If you have OTM, I think it's all built in already.

Thanks Lee,
Usefull info. I will be upgrading within the month and will then have OTM as well as all the other bells and whistles! Looking forward to all the enhancments that go along with it. I appreciate the info.

Martin Smith

With TM you have to buy thr CDR package, is not free. The system I had just had the bare basic's. No CDR or reporting.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Thanks acewarlock. And thanks again to all of you for the timely and usefull info.

Martin

I have a related question and didn't want to open a new thread...
We have OTM and I can see that CDR is listed as part of our software package, but I do not see the TBS option.

Is TBS an additional software package?
We have an employee who is being harrassed and want to track their phone calls for local authorities [they are in the process of getting a court order for a trace thru AT&T local, but they are only permitted to have it run for a limtied amount of time, then have to get additional court orders]

Your input, as always, is greatly appreciated.

OPEN A new Thread.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back