Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Document Referrer blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placido

MIS
Mar 13, 2002
IT
Hi everybody-

I have a problem with the document.referrer.

I have a page that load only if your document.referrer is recognized... My problem is that this customer of mine, coming from an Intranet secure site ( doesn't seem to fill the document.referrer (meaning is blank when my script check it)...

What could cause that?

Ciao
Placido

you understand that document.referrer will only have a value if the current document was loaded through the use of a link, not just a page redirect...

- g

yes... I understand that... do you any other ideas why the document.referrer is blank?

Ciao
Placido

Https has no bearing on whether or not document.referrer exists. The only possibility is that the page is not loading via through a link, but through a script, meta refresh, or something of the sort.

T

Hi Terwin-

It is actually thru a form submitting info...

Ciao
Placido

You can disable the referrer option using the firewall security.

This customer of mine has a Cisco Pix Firewall... Do you know how to enable the referrer option again?

Ciao
Placido

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back