Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Document Properties: author, keyword, subject, comments 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

theDeej

Technical User
Aug 21, 2001
US
On the file menu of the Info Report Designer (Seagate Crystal Reports), there is a 'Summary Info...' option. Selecting this allows you to enter key information about the report such as the author, keywords, subject, title, description, etc.

I'm curious as to where this information is stored? I found only the Parent folder names and the report titles in the cinfo DB.

Is there a way to create a report that would act as a 'report menu' or 'report roster' of sorts? Detailing the information as follows?:

Parent Folder 1
<Report Title 1> <description> <author>
<Report Title 2> <description> <author>

Parent Folder 2
<Report Title 1> <description> <author>
<Report Title 2> <description> <author>

Seagate Info 7.5
Windows NT 4.0

That information is staore in a encrypted header of the report file itself. There is no other access to it.

There is a product avaliable from a company called APOS that allows the extraction of this data.

Its called DocAssist.

It does a scan of all your reports and compiles an acceess database with loads of info about each report. You can then run reports against this database to produce your list.

There is a demo version of the software avaliable for download and it comes with some sample reports.

JonRob - thanks for the info. I'm actually trying one of their other products that allows bulk scheduling - I guess I missed &quot;DocAssist&quot;. Thanks you - you've been most helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back