Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Document from template no longer firing event

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggg1

Programmer
Oct 17, 2002
EU
I have a word template which (when invoked) produces a document with an active X tick box which used to fire an event which ran some code. The tick box no longer fires the event. If I add a new similar tick box to the template then it also does not fire. But if I create an entirely new template with a tick box it fires successfully. Also if I edit the "faulty" template itself (not the document instance) then the event fires in "Design Mode". Except when in "Design Mode" I have "filling in forms" protection selected so that only the relevant fields are editable by my users. T this moment my security settings allow all macros to run.
As I said previously this used to work. Ideas ?

Have you tried (just to see) copying the code/contents out of the failing document, and putting them into a new document, renaming the new doc over/in place of the old, and see if your solution is fixed? That's one solution to some of these off-the-wall type issues. I know it works wonders in Access.

I was afraid someone might suggest that. You are right I must steel myself and do it as I have no other ideas.
Thanks for your time, I'll report back when its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back