Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Document Framework Plug-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

designbr

Technical User
Mar 29, 2005
US
Every time I want to open a document I've done in InDesign always appears an error message telling that the DOCUMENT FRAMEWORK.RPLN can't open and then I have to upgrade my plug-ins or my InDesign version. My InDesign is CS and I already did not only the upgrade from the HELP menu but all the choices from Adobe website and they give some tips like trying to open and saving in another format and so on. But how can I open if the program doesn't allow me. The other options like compatibility with versions is OK since I am opening a file done with the same software. What else can I do? Please give many options but not the ones from the website so I can try and figure out.

I didn't receive any answer for this question. Who kows what exactly means each plug-in? I mean what does the DOCUMENT FRAMEWORK.RPLN plug-in to the program or to the documents?

If you are using InDesign CS (3.0.1 April 2005 update) and you still get this error, then you probably have a document that was created with a beta version of InDesign. If this is not the case then you simply have a corrupt INDD file.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Is there any way for me to verify if my InDesign was created with a beta version? My InDesign is CS v3 and not an update.

My InDesign is CS v3 and not an update.

Why isn't it an update? It is free. Get it and then test the document.

To determine what version of InDesign was used to create the document, hold the Apple-Command key or Windows CTRL key and then select 'About InDesign' from the InDesign (Mac) or Help (Windows) menu.

- - picklefish - -

Maybe I did the update and don't remember because when I open it and try to follow the instructions, I mean going to Help>Updates I receive a message telling that there's no updates available. This is the only thing I am supposed to do, right? Then, we come back to my first question: How do I know if my InDesign was created with a beta version? I didn't understand the window very well but there was no place telling about beta but I observed some strange things. There's a window showing the plug-ins required (seems that it listed all of them with a 3.0 at the end) but in the window plug-ins used is empty.On Document info, Document history, Missing Plug-ins, it's empty with no inofrmation. Aplication infor it's written is written Adobe InDesign Version: CS(404). This is the way is supposed to be?

I've been following this but don't really understand the question.

Does this apply to only 1 document that you created in ID or does it applay to all the documents?

I work for one company and sometimes to make my life easier I like to bring work home and do on my free time. I realized that this is only happening with the files that I am bringing from the company (that's why I thought framework meant kind of a protection). One day I decided to download the InDesign Trial to see what could happen but worked perfectly!!! That's why I started my journey in finding out the difference between my InDesign and the Trial one.With the files that I am creating it's OK but the point is that if I have a problem with my cd doesn't tell too much and I don't have another person whom I can ask to send something to me. I work with Windows and most of my friends work with Mac.

The Mac PC thing isn't a problem as long as the fonts are pretty much the same. To send receive trials with friends, just make some simple things with Arial or Times New Roman truetype (all have them) for test purposes.

Is the trial "worn out"? It lasts 30 days. It is also helpful that both be version 3. If one is version 2, it will NOT open anything created in 3. 3 will open 2.

Make sure that anything you bring home from work is a .indd document, not a template or .inx (Indesign interchange) or anything.

Everything that I bring home is .indd and my trial I opened just to see if it will work. I don't have it anymore on my computer because lasts 1 month. I also tryed to compare the folders from the trial and my one but with my limited knowledge they seemed to be exactly the same. I know that my company has the professional Adobe Creative Suite but I don't think this is an issue (Actually, I don't know the difference between the professional and the other one). Knowing that my one is the latest version I am assuming that I can open anything they have. I updated the version I have at home not the trial. The point is that my version I didn't get from Adobe. I bought in Brazil and it's everything in Portuguese. That's why I need to solve this problem because I won't be able to come back to change it.

The point is that my version I didn't get from Adobe.

I sense that you have bought a bogus version of InDesign. How much did you pay for it? This may tell if it is truly bogus.

The version CS(404) seems to indicate that you have a beta version and this completely explains why you are having trouble.

The link that I posted explains 'Adobe InDesign Version: CS(404)' is a beta version. Sorry about getting that link hacked up. Maybe this link will work.

- - picklefish - -

Actually this one I bought with my friend (money issues) and I made a copy for me. She has the original and works fine. Do you think I made a mistake when burning the cd?

Do you think I made a mistake when burning the cd?

I think you may have made several mistakes. Admitting to using a beta InDesign document caused us to wonder if you were supplied with it from another person that had no clue but you were still a legitimate user. Admitting to using pirated software just caused a good portion of us to lose interest in helping you further.

Contact Adobe to learn about proper licensing and copyright. Properly licensed software saves your butt from issues like what you are now experiencing.

- - picklefish - -

Jimoblack, thanks for you gentle advice and for the way you addressed your answer. Since I had never used the CD because of this problem, or better never could have the opportunity to be the legitimate user, I simply tossed it. I just wanted to finish my work faster but to tell you the truth it's something that I don't need to since the people I work for are very flexible.

Admitting to using pirated software just caused a good portion of us to lose interest in helping you further."

Okay? So the rest of us users with legal copies of InDesign get to sit here and scratch our heads while you police individuals with pirated copies of InDesign. Thanks! I'm working on a large print job and unfortunately I've lost work because of this error. If you truly know how to get around this problem please let us in the design community know as it will save us time and money.

themeaty,

Read the first response I made in this thread at '23 Apr 05 13:50'

I offered help at the start of this thread. No one is denying help here.

If you are using a legitimate copy of InDesign and you are working on a document created with a legitimate copy of InDesign then you probably have data corruption. Unfortunately, there is no cure for data corruption except for preventative back-ups.

I am not here to police pirates: I simply do not care to attempt to help people that are infinitely foolish to begin with.

- - picklefish - -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back