Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Document Date in Smart List - "Account Transactions"

Status
Not open for further replies.

manuel62699

Technical User
Jul 24, 2006
US
Why doesn't the document date query in smartlist while under "Account Transactions" I've selected the field but it populates "0/0/0000". Is there a fix or work around to query with the segment fields and get results that include the document date?

Thanks for any help on this matter

Manny

Manny

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, but..

If you want the GL posting date - this would be TRX date
If you want the date that the originating transaction was posted, then that would be Originating Posted Date.

Aside from that, the account transactions smartlist doesn't seem to offer any more useful dates.

That is what I'm aware of as of now. The document date which is the invoice date does not show up with the g/l on any reports. The invoice date along with the posting date is a very useful piece of information for accrual accounting. In my opinion the invoice date is the most useful followed by the posting date.

I do appreciate your response. I did not think anyone was going to answer. But if there isn't a solution then that also makes sense.

if you want subledger's invoice date's then use orignating document date in smart list and trx date is the GL Posting date for the transactions

-swabunn

IN SMART LIST UNDER ACCOUNT TRANSACTIONS (FOLDER): I DON'T SEE A COLUMN HEADER FOR "ORIGINATING DOCUMENT DATE" THERE IS A DOCUMENT DATE BUT AS I SAID BEFORE IT DOES NOT POPULATE?? IF THIS FIELD WORKED IT WOULD BE GREAT!

SORRY, THERE IS NO ORIGNATING DOCUMENT DATE. NOW I REMEMBER I MADE CRYSTAL REPORT FOR THIS PURPOSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back