Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DOCTYPE: PHP vs Height=100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cre8ivDesign

Technical User
Apr 15, 2001
CA
Hi,

The above temporary link:

I have embedded the Gallery 2 script to use for the images...which is working fine HOWEVER - I am trying to get the side bar to scale 100% in height.....what I have discoverd (and excuse my lack of knowledge) is that in order for the gallery script to work with the embedded method I have to include the following DOCTYPE:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "
When I remove this, my Gallery Text and gallery goes to "Bare Bones" at a much larger text size...formatting not right....however, I am able to use the height="100%" tag and the side bar works fine......my question:

Is there a certain DOCTYPE or an alternative code for getting the height at 100% that will aloos the gallery to appear as normal....the way it appears in my link above.....

I've been fighting with this one for a while now and would really appreciate some help.......

Thanks in advance.

the doctype tells the browser how to interpret the contents of the page.

But this is really an html question rather than php. I expect you would be much better off asking your question in Forum215

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back