Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DoCmd.OutputTo Error Leaves Outputting Object in Status Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardingR2000

Programmer
Oct 6, 2008
US
Platform: Access 2002

I am running the DoCmd.OutputTo command to create a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet already exists and is currently active on my PC. This causes an error 2302 which I trap and give the user (me) a message and then exit normally. Unfortunately the the Outputting Object and progression bar are left on the Status Bar in the lower left corner of the Access application's window.

I have tried running the SysCmd(acSysCmdClearStatus) several times but the message will not go away. I have use the SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, "This is a test") which places the message "This is a test" in the Status Bar but when I run the SysCmd(acSysCmdClearStatus) my message goes away but the "Outputting Object" and progression bar are still then even if I repeatedly run the ClearStatus command.

Does any one know how to clear the status message from the Status Bar when the message is created by the DoCmd.OutputTo command?

which I trap and give the user (me) a message and then exit normally

Try adding Err.Clear before you exit.

Beir bua agus beannacht!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back