Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

docmd.openreport not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

catherine17

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2008
CA
Hi,
I have an issue with Access that I've been trying to figure out but can't seem to get fixed. On one of the forms there are two buttons, one to preview the report and the other to print the report. There are twenty people using this database and only one person has an issue with it. When he clicks the report preview button or the print button, nothing happens. He is the only one who this is happening to and I don't know why. I figure it is something with the docmd.openreport but am not sure how to fix it. There is no error that shows up, it just doesn't work. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" was just suggested for testing purposes. I expect this printer driver would create a file like a PDF that could be opened with other users who have a similar printer driver installed.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Sorry, I'm still confused. He has the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" as his default printer. Is he not supposed to have this then?

Change the default printer to the one you want to use to print reports on.

"Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted."

That printer was just a test to see if the issue was the setting of the default printer or something else.

He should probably get connected to a real/actual default printer with updated drivers.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back