Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Doc Library Customized List

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA2K5

Programmer
Apr 24, 2002
GB
Hi,

I'm very much a newbie when it comes to Sharepoint and Sharepoint Designer, so I'd appreciate any tips/advice on the following issue. I have set up a document library containing several folders each of which contain one or more documents.

Currently I'm using a ListView webpart within a page to allow users to navigate the contents of this library. The list is currently single column showing the name of the folder/file and is paged. However users would like the list to be displayed on a single page, with multiple columns if the list is too long. For example, if each column could display a maximum of 3 rows, it should show something like below:

Category 1 Category 4 Category 7
Category 2 Category 5 Category 8
Category 3 Category 6 Category 9

So far I've looked at customizing the listview webpart or creating a custom control but I'm not sure if either of these options are the right way to go. I've also seen some discussion on using the Content Query webpart, but again I'm not sure if this is appropriate either.

Before I dive into experimenting with these controls, I wondered whether anyone had attempted something similar or if anyone could provide advice on the most suitable option.

Thanks

Just to clarify, I'm using Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back