Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do you have to leave Symposium logged in all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrToad6378

Technical User
Oct 7, 2002
US
Do you have to leave Symposium logged in with Admin or NGenSys all the time. Someone told me you have to.

You can leave your SCCS server after a reboot all alone if you would like. The services will start automatically. However I would recommend that you log in with ngensys anyway. Having the server logged in will give you access to logs that will help in maintanence on the server.Better to be pro-active than reactive with symposium.

No you don't have to, the services start up with the OS

They may have been referring to the Symposium Web Client server...

I can interpret this a few ways for Symposium Express:
- server logged in - yes, for all the services to run and calls to route
- logged in to client running on server - no, but you won't see the alarm monitor if you don't have it running and that can be helpful
- logged in to client running on workstation - if you use scheduled reports, the report listener service must be running and that is only running if the client is running.

Post more specifics if you are not getting the information you need...

You're supposed to stay logged into SCCS if you have scheduled reports to run automatically. You'll even get a warning when logging out of SCCS regarding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back