Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do we have a virus on our system ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2502

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
GB
Each day , about two or three times a day our antivirus system pop's up to tell us that the Netsky virus was found on our mail server on a file called "c:\temp\att1.htm" and the virus has been quarantined.

We run Lotus Notes for our e-mail and it dials out to our ISP every thirty minutes to send and receive e-mail. It seems that the alert pops up occasionally when we are dialled up.

I have ran a full system scan and the Netsky removal tool and it doesn't find anything on our system. So how could this virus notification be popping up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You should have 2 AV installed on your email server. one scan the OS and one to scan the email db. It sounds like the os av is letting you know that it has caught a virus. Whcich should be caught by the email av.
There are many different versions of this virus. Go to symantec's site and look up how to remove it. If you see no trace of this virus either through symantec removel tool or what is listed on the site then the av is just leting you know it stopped a virus.
And if your still not 100% sure about it go here for a free online virus scan.

well it need not be anything dangerous, I had (using Lotus Notes) email "viruses" coming in without executable file, obviously the email code copied into the mail body as plain text, since it's att1.htm I would suspect this to be the case.

Dav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back