Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

do this better with CSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitterpants

Programmer
Sep 13, 2002
US
i've got a huge navigation page that was already a part of a finished site that came w/my job. to go directly to the page in question, its a slew of layers that are shown and hidden based on the clicking of the buttons in the layer that appears first. under each category is a list of each product in that category. these lists are created w/the text on transparent gifs, each fit into their own table cell. the effect of the gray color changing to yellow when you mouseOver each of them is created with a javascript (it looks to be one of project 7's extensions) that changes the background color of the table cell.
id like to get rid of all this javascript. i was hoping there would be a way to do this using the properties of a in a sytlesheet, like you can do with text links. the main thing is that i want to make sure that the area that changes color is the same on each one. i cant think of a way to do that with text links unless you figure out a seperate padding for each individual link (because some of them are 8 letters long and others are 20 letters long).
is there a way to do all of them, and keep them uniform, without all the javascript?

Hi there,

Here is a tutorial on another forum which explains how create text based rollovers with css. All the info is in the first post. The last example in the first post is a really neat fading transitional rollover created with css. Is this kind of what you're looking for?
As far as the hidden layers go, I'm not sure how to that with css.

~Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back