Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do they actually mail you the OCA certificate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linzynj

Programmer
Jan 15, 2003
US
Dear card carrying OCA's / OCP's

This may seem like a dumb question but here goes ..........

I just passed the 007 & 031 Oracle 9i DBA exams which should entitle me to my OCA right?. My question is what and when do they actually present you with a certificate or similar facsimile? Is all this done automatically or do I have to initiate some additional process?

Do they actually mail you a certificate or email you something or what exactly? Is there some sort of logo or something for your resume so you can impress potential employers? If so who actually does the presenting? Oracle or Prometric?

Also, do they list you on a website for verification? What is to keep anyone from claiming that they have the certification?

Thanks,

Lindsay

Dude:

I recieved my certificate in the mail about 2 - 3 weeks after qualifying. There's probably a database trigger that initiates the process!

I don't know what's to stop people claiming certification or forging OCP certificates.

rev

Oracle Certificates are automatically sent to qualifying candidates within 30 days of completing an examination.

If you check out the spiel on their website you are advised that they are sent automatically, with a caveat that if you have not received your certification after thirty days you should notify them with your candidate number and details (or words to that effect).

Checkout under "Certification" - see the candidates' guides appropriate to your qualification.

You'll get a nice shiny certificate (does look quite impressive) as well as a little pin badge.

AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back