Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do not want to auto focus on Cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jl3574

Programmer
Jun 5, 2003
CA
Hi All,
I have a windows app with a panel with 5 rich text box. the panel has autoscroll on so the scroll bar shows up.
When i click on the first richtextbox and drag the scroll bar to the bottom ,it will auto scroll back to top to focus where the cursor. is there a way to turn off focus to where the current cursor is ?

what if you just scroll the RTF and not put focus in it first. Will that work. Also, what is your ultimate goal for doing this?

I did a quick test and added a handful of blank lines to my RTF. When I scrolled to the bottom it stayed there. Can you try that method?

stupid me,

acutally what was causing it was a timer i created on startup to simulate a clock and it would cause the screen to refresh it's focus. To fix the problem i used a thread instead of a timer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back