Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do not show Export Option: Crystal Reports (RPT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

porsche2k7

Programmer
Aug 29, 2007
US
Hi All,

After viewing the report in BO XI Infoview there are options to export the report, where we can select the format. Is there anyway we do not show the export option : Crystl Reports (RPT). We do not want the external users to be able to see this option since we denied the rights to download the files associated with crystal reports.

Thanks,

I have not come across a place in Crystal to remove the email icon, but it could be in there somewhere. In our manufacturing software, we have the option to place custom Crystal reports on our reports menus. There are options in the report linking and set up where you can choose view, view and print, print and save, or it can just print, where you can only choose the printer. I constantly use the email functionality in emailing packing lists and manifests quickly from these custom reports. Since I can choose this in the set up, it must be in the Crystal program, maybe printer set-up within the report? I would look but I am home today, can't look from here. My version is Crystal Enterprise 10, may be much different from your program.

It's possible you could stop it by removing the relevant dll. I can't give you any details about which dll, unfortunately.

Another possibility is to have the functional report as a dummy and put the real report as a subreport in the report header or footer. Again, I've never needed to try this and I've no idea if it would work.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back