Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do not disturb on x10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttrevino

MIS
Mar 22, 2004
US
Good morning all, I'm working on a request from a user that I'm not sure how to complete. Currently, if someone calls into their office and nobody answers, the call is transferred to the AA. Then if they want to leave a message for the person on call, then select an option that sends it again to x10. From there, it rings 3 or 4 times at x10 before going into the AA voicemail greeting. The user wants the calls to go directly to the AA voicemail greeting without ringing 3 or 4 times at x10, if nobody is available at x10. Can a DND button be programmed on x10 and this work correctly or is there a better way to accomplish what they're asking? Thanks, TT

The DND feature makes an extension look like its "busy". If there is a voicemail associated with X10, and DND is active, I believe anyone transfering to that extension should go right to voicemail.

I'm not sure I understand. If the AA answers and you option out to ext.10 and ext. 10 is programed for AA. its stuck in a loop.

Hi Ken, I think I see the error in my original message. Once the callers dials x10, and if nobody answers, they go into the voicemail for x10, not the AA for x10. What they are wanting is when the caller dials x10, for the phone not to ring but directly to voicemail. This scenario is typically after-hours, when nobody is there to answer x10. Sorry about the confusion, TT

I'll give it a try, thanks for the advice everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back