Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do keycodes expire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm5644

Technical User
Jan 19, 2004
US
When upgrading a BCM from 2.5 to 3.0 with a Nortel Keycode, it was at least 6 months from the time the keycode was assigned until the time the keycode was actually used on the BCM for the upgrade. The upgrade failed miserably, with the upgrade wizard error saying that partition E was not able to lock for FTP upload. Lost everything but the basic phone capability, no Callpilot, IP trunks, or WAN. Nortel thought maybe I corrupted Partition E when my XP laptop had too many C:\Temp files on wizard startup. Could have also been the first level support having me do a platform initialization- Etiquette Core load and a Hardware Core load, and then rebooting the BCM after the Upgrade was in progress? Any thoughts or comments are appreciated! Never too late to learn from my mistakes, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back