Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do I need to purchase an MCDN KeyCode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueType

Vendor
Nov 3, 2004
US
Hello, I have a BCM with 3.6 software, IP Trunk keycodes and interfacing with 25 Option 11C's over a private network.
I can connect fine bothways,ie., good connection and good speech quality,but, I am not seeing any of the "D-Channel" info coming through.
3.6 comes with a FREE MCDN package which say's it works with SL1 switches and earlier 2.X ITG cards. My Option 11's are running with ITG 3.01 IPT......Will this "Default / free" MCDN work or do I need to purchase a MCDN Keycode to have the D-Channel work?.................Thank-you in advance for any and all help.

You need the MCDN keycode when communicating to a Meridian running IPT software. You don't need the MCDN keycode when communicating to a pre IPT ITG trunk card, or when communicating from BCM to BCM.

You can see name and extension BCM to BCM without MCDN, but IP trunking won't function at all to anything running IPT software (ITG 3.0 or higher).

I have ITG 3.0 on Option 11C 25.40B , talking fine to 47 BCM's of vasious Rel (2) 2.5 FP1, (4) 3.0 (40) 3.6.

Option H232

BCM's IPT , CSE to home office

Get ext number from BCM's

Thank-you for all the response back.... After purchasing the MCDN/QSIG Keycode, I'm able to see the Name & Number of all inbound calls from the Option 11C Rls 25.40B Nodes. They can also see the BCM info come through..... I guess that MCDN/SL1 (FREE) by itself will not work.....

Acewarlock - sounds like your ITG card node types are configured as H323, not SL1. The BCM's will work OK with the node type set as H323, but they don't play well with a SL-1 node type, unless the SL-1/MCDN keycode is installed. I can't remember which ITG version it was that required the nodes to be built as SL1 - maybe it was 3.01. I don't work on the big stuff enough to remember exactly which version, but I do remember that a customer upgraded to IPT, and changed the node type and the BCM's magically broke. But, they're a mostly Option 81/61/11C network with a handful of BCM's thrown in for confusion.

Anyway, glad it works for you - just keep the node type thing in mind if you upgrade to CSE3.0/CS1000.

When it was ITG2 I used SL1, but as I upgrade all my BCM's to 3.6 they all stopped working. Thats when I upgraded to ITG 2 and ITP / CSE and H323.

We just upgraded our site in Grand Prairie, TX to 3.6. We upgraded our IP Trunks from 4 to 24, installed 2 more PEC 3 Cards, and installed MCDN. We are now able to see Caller ID information from our 3 M1s, but when calls come from the BCM we only see the Business Name which is programmed under the General Tab of the Telephony Services, and the extension. In addition, the Telco Features have all aready been set up on the Active DNs.

What do I need to modify on the BCM so that we can see the name assigned to the extension, and the extension when calls hit our M1s?

G.William Ramirez

You need to configure an OLI on each extension (click on Line Access under each set, configure a private OLI, and the set name will traverse with the business name).

The Private OLI number is already assigned to each Active set DN, and the DN Name assigned under the General Tab of each DN does not appear when they call us. Remember, I am trying to get the internal Caller ID for each DN from the BCM to come across to the M1s via 24 VoIP Trunks, and not PRI.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

G.William Ramirez

What have you set the VOIP trunk protocol to?

Do you get the info form an other meridian?

Marshall

And yes, we do get the proper information from all the M1s on the system. The problem is that we do not get the DN informations from BCM to M1.

G.William Ramirez

Strange I have it working on another network with a few BCMs and a few M1s. Did you say you have bought the MCDN keycode.

Marshall

I got to work. I had to change Gateway Protocol under the H.323 Trunks from CSE to SL1, and then back to CSE to get it to work. In addition, I had to make sure that the under Remote Gateway, the Gateway Type was set to IPT which it was, and the Gateway Protocol was set to CSE which it was as well. Now, when I make a call I see the Business Name, and then once they pick up their Target Line, you see the person's name.
Thanks everyone for all your help!

G.William Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back