Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

do I need to configure ISCSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

haniis

Programmer
May 29, 2008
JO
hi,
Do I need to configure ISCSI if I use fiber san switches to connect the servers to to san storage (the connection via fiber).
and when I need to configer iscsi. and is there any simulator for clustering.

If you are using FC to connect to your storage array then you don't need to configure iSCSI as you will probably want to use FC instead of iSCSI.

There's no simulator for clustering when using iSCSI, but you can cluster using iSCSI without an issue. I've done it in production against an EMC array and in my lab using Starwind as the iSCSI target.

Denny
MVP
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)

My Blog

If you have a technet plus subscription, you can test with the MS iSCSI target (look under WSS 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back