Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do I need Termernal Server CALS for Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrun

Technical User
Oct 2, 2001
I am getting conflicting information from Citrix and Microsoft. I am installing Citrix Metaframe on a Windows 2003 Advanced server machine. Do I need Microsoft Terminal Server CALS in order to run Citrix. If so how many CALS do I need. I have 240 users and at the moment 50 computers. The amount of computers may grow in the future.

THanks

On 2003 it is my understanding that you need to have as many Windows 2003 TSCALs as you do devices that connect. In 2000 you were granted a CAL for Windows 2000 and above clients, but for 2003 the changed it to need a TSCAL for each device. You should over buy for growth.

Hi,

Davisck, you are correct.

Makes Citrix VERY expensive now doesn't it!

Cheers,
Carl.

I believe you can also buy user CALs instead of device CALs. This is beneficial if your users connect from an office machine and from home, reducing the number of CALs you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back