Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do I need a new key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
Hi there..

I'm going to upgrading from FR2 to FR3 tonight and I just read an article that got me worried. It talks about the "new" license key.. I shouldn't need a new key should I? If it's like any other upgrade, everything shold stay the same except the version right?

I'm running win2k server..

snooter

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool..
then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

"I should of been a doctor.." Me

You need the license key. You can request it from mycitrix.com under fullfil eligible licenses.

It will give you a FR3 license, then it will give you a license to upgrade each of your Citrix Connection Licenses to use FR3. If not, you may have FR3 installed but your clients will not get any benefit as there is no connection licenses.

Matt

If you do install FR3 be sure that you have the feature release level on the server set to whatever you have a key for, otherwise the users will not be able to login at all.

Hi KAlfred,

How do I set the feature release level?

Regards
Oliver

Right-click the server in the CMC and select "Set Feature Release Level"

:)

Thanks but I'm running AIX Unix and need the Unix version of that CMC command. Any ideas?

It's news to me that there's an FR3 for MFU!!!

If you're upgrading to 1.2, then just upgrade. The appropriate FR level is set automatically in MFU - there's no switch that I know of.

Hope this helps

If that's the case, how do you read the following?

Citrix licenses installed on this server are as follows:
License Number Activated UCount PCount Description
-------------- --------- ------ ------ -----------
EUC-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx no 0 0 MetaFrame 1.1 FR2 for AIX, NFR
EUL-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx no 5 5 MetaFrame 1.1 for AIX, NFR
EUL-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx no 0 0 MetaFrame 1.1 FR1 for AIX, NFR

Seems to me that I don't have the correct FR level even though I've installed Citrix.MetaFrame.1.1.3.0.bff or am I reading this wrong?

I read this as MFU 1.1, plus FR1, plus FR2, but only FR1 licenses are being used.

I'm a little confused, because it seems there is a difference between 1.1 FR2 and 1.2.

As I said earlier, I'll chase up on this and try to get an answer to all 3 questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back