Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do C7 Wire Pulling Subcontractors Exist in SF BAy Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterSandS

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2011
US
I'm located in the SF Bay Area, and I'm trying to work with a subcontractor for pulling wires, rather than hiring on guys (who I would likely have to let go with the uneven stream of work these days). I have been searching the internet for a quality subcontractor who could partner with me. I am currently C7 with an alarm co license as well. Any suggestions or resources to look for a subcontractor would be greatly appreciated.

find a part timer no one can afford employees these days!

craigslist is a good place to place an advertise for 1099 work. a better solution is a specialty temp company. I have used "tek systems" to find a temporary workforce. they should be nationwide. you can look them up @
Make sure its a temp company that specializes in technology and construction and interview the people before you let them send someone to a job site other wise you may end up getting the equivalent of Rent a Drunk ( there is usually a reason the people are working for a temp company and not employed full time but there are exceptions especially in today's economy.

T.R.
RCDD

there may not be any stupid questions
but their is a bunch of inquizative idiots
(myself included at times)

Yeah ,I am going to advertise on craigslist for wire jockey LOL!!!

Just curious...but I had heard (perhaps falsely) that alarm guys needed to have a C10? Personally I don't see why, but I have been severely reprimanded for doing something silly like moving some old "24 twist" alarm wire.

Tim Alberstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back