Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do anybody know is it possible (and 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zagi

Technical User
Apr 8, 2003
HR
Do anybody know is it possible (and if it is HOW?) lock telephone series 2030. Point is to achieve that phone could be only used by person logged on, and after person logoff and leave, telephone could not be used for external calls (until other person logon).

Thanks in advance!

In User tab, go to Telephony tab, check Force login. In Login code enter a code you wish to use for a user.

When you will merge configuration, user's telephone will be Logged off.

To log on, you must dial:
*35*301*1234#

301 is extension number,
1234 is a login code you put earlier in Telephony tab.

To log off dial:

I hopo that helps

Regards

In User tab, go to Telephony tab, check Force login. In Login code enter a code you wish to use for a user.

When you will merge configuration, user's telephone will be Logged off.

To log on, you must dial:
*35*301*1234#

301 is extension number,
1234 is a login code you put earlier in Telephony tab.

To log off dial:

I hope that helps,

Regards

Your tip is working (login/logout), BUT, still when there is no user logged to the station, there is still possibility to use this station for outgoing calls. (We need something like locking the station.)
Any advice…

Thanks!

In addition, in the configuration to setting the users to forced log on, ensure that the Extension form doesn't contain an extension number. The 20 series phone will then display "NOT LOGGED ON".

Done! BUT still, when phone is in state “not logged on”, dialing outside is possible.

Any other idea!?!?

Weird, I've just tested log on/log out and when I'm in log out mode, I can't dial to external line, it displays: call barred. But I can call internal number....

check the settings of your user "NoUser" & ensure that Outgoing Call Bars is ticked.

also make sure that your shortcodes are not set to DialEmergency thiss will override ALL call baring!

THANKS to you ALL. Now it is working. Happy me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back