Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

do all virus scans co$t?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2001
US
Actually a few such as Norton and Mcafee both provide a free "online" scan of your system for viruses. Then when the scan is done they reccomend you purchase their products. I believe inoculate is free and maybe a couple of others. But most do cost about $30-$40 bucks. James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

I have been using E-safe which I find really good! I think I got it from zdnet. A magazine I read rated it very highly compared to InoculateIT & I was most impressed when I opened a friends e-mail recently & the thing chucked a heart attack & would not let me open it. I checked with him & he said he had not sent me any e-mails lately, so I suggested he do a check & sure enough he had one of the draeded address book thingo's. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back