Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do 3com routers share cables with Cisco? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

squarefolkdancer

Technical User
Mar 16, 2005
US
Are the DB60 cables the same as Cisco uses? I compared the published wiring for V.35 DTE cables and they were the same EXCEPT that Cisco had their DB60-17 going to V.35-S and 3com had DB60-17 going to V.35-Q. Maybe S and Q are normally connected together inside the V.35 device? Or one is a typo? If the DB60 end had been different, I would figure they wanted to force customers to buy their cables, but wouldn't they both have to use the same V.35 pins? Unless its just a matter that S and Q are inverse polarity....

Can I connect two 3COM routers together with the same crossover cable I use for Cisco?

Well, I zoomed in on 3COMs PDF file for the V.35 connector, and there is no pin "Q" so it must be a typo. Once I figure out how to configure the serial ports, I guess i'll just try using a cisco cable, unless i hear otherwise first.

Hi, squarefolkdancer

You can use Cisco V.35 on 3com's FlexWAN Synchronous Serial Ports. We have a lot of WAN 3com routers connected with Cisco V.35 DTE cables.

Brat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back