Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilzeus

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2002
US
I own the domain lilzeus.net. I am running Windows 2000 Advance Server with AD. I have had my DNS set up properly before in the past but now it does not work. My MX records works properly, to test it go to to see. But my web server does not work for some reason. My records are set properly at my registrar etc. My question is how do I set up my in the DNS records? What is the proper A-name, C-name and host records that I need to setup?

looks like you're missing this:

@ A 68.58.103.37

check your zone file for that entry.

Can you give me a step by step of how to put that in? I have fiddled with this so many times its crazy and I could swear I have done it before but of course I am doing something wrong. hehe
Thanks

Open DNS Manager, right click your domain name (under Forward Lookup Zones) and do a New Host. Leave the host name blank and enter the IP address for lilzeus.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back