Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvashisht

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2003
IN
Hi All,

I am using windows 200 pro & as a domain M/C & login using domain user & I am not able to browse the internet. But when i login using Windows 2000 profession administrator, I am able to browse the net. what can be the prob.

Regds,
Kaushal Vashisht

I've been unable to get on the net recently too, so I've been carrying out quite a lot of research on this. I remember stumbling across an article that talked about one user profile being able to access the net but another profile not being able to and it suggested that the index.dat file could be corrupt for the domain user.

To give this a try, log in as the adminstrator and delete the index.dat file within the profile for the login that you can't browse the web with. It's found in LOCAL DISK/Documents and settings/DOMAIN USER/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/Content.IE5/

Restart and log in as the domain user. The index.dat file will recreate itself on restarting IE. Try to browse the web. Hopefully this may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back