Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNs not getting restored on BCM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

km9v

MIS
Jan 11, 2011
US
I had to replace a BCM50 ver 6.0.2 with another unit. Restored a known good backup but the DNs are from the previous installation. Software/firmware are same versions, keycodes are showing up properly. Any thoughts on why it won't restore the correct DNs?

ver 6.0.2.?? would be Release 3

"but the DNs are from the previous installation."
Confused a little...
When doing a restore you would normally WANT the original DN's and not the current DN's out of the box.

Before doing a restore, the patches need to be equal too or newer (then what it had previously) before doing the restore.
When doing a restore you don't really know what the previous person selected when doing a backup.

What about names and button programming, and Callpilot (and its mailbox numbers), are they correct?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Yes R3. It's setup as a SRG, all phones are pointed to main CS1000E. I do have a couple of local analog devices. All patches are at the same level.

Yes, the firmware is the same. I think I need to deregister the old DNs and register the new ones. I should go on site to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back