Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS MX settings for Win2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBorrer

MIS
Nov 8, 2001
US
Well still working on the same problem, here's a brief summary.
We were running Sendmail for NT server on the outside of our firewall, used for forwarding mail to our internal Exchange 5.5 box.
The External box has not been changed at all, not one change on the Sendmail server. The server fowards mail on a specified path through the firewall and into our internal server.
When we migrated to Exchange2K we ran into a problem in that the mail would not forward to the Exchange 2000 box.
I configured DNS on the inside network to what I thought was a correct MX DNS entry. I was able to telnet to the DNS name that I had provided for the server, but I still am not sure that it was set correctly.
Does anyone have a screen shot of DNS MX configured or know a website to look at an example to get a better idea of what I am looking for........
I have changed the settings in the firewall to point to the new box but yet still nothing goes to the Exchange2000 box. I switch NAT address in the firewall back to the 5.5 box and it works like a charm. Now why on earth would 5.5 work and 2000.
Any hints greatly appreciated....

Well I had it configured correctly.... So now I am going through clearing out all the errors in the Event log...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back