Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS Issue - Can't view webpage internally, but can external

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiefmer

MIS
May 19, 2000
US
I have an external DNS server (it sits on the DMZ) that is also our Web server (WIN2K3). I just added a new forward zone to the external DNS and the webpage is viewable external. I have added the same Forward zone to our internal DNS (also WIN2K3), and I am pretty sure that I set up the zone properly. But I am unable to view the webpage internally.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Heath

From a client computer, internally, try running a NSLOOKUP on the forward lookup you have created. Verify that the IP address that you are trying to browse to is the appropriate address.

Unfortunately, it doesn't return an IP address. But it does return the IP address of the server for the other webpage on that same server. I know it is probably going to be an easy fix, but I can't see it.

Make sure the host name and ip are in your HOSTS file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back