Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS is inital fast but SLOWS down

Status
Not open for further replies.

caswcu

Technical User
Feb 16, 2005
US
just switched over to a t1 line from DSL. intitally DNS request are fast but over a period of time they start to lag. Im querying ATT's DNS. I have a windows 2003 server which i changed the enableednsprobe to 0 and I have a pix 506e.

What can be affecting this?

Nothing jumps out as being a problem. I set up a Bind server this weekend with 4.2.2.1 being the primary DNS for my inside zone and I dont see the same issue of course Im running at 6.3. There could be other factors in play. Can you bypass you internal DNS to test? Is you other site using the same external DNS? If you tried that and still no dice I would definitly try to log this behavior in your syslogs and then go through them and try to find out what if anything is happening. I dont believe it is the FW. You are a few revs behind in Pix OS version. You could always upgrade to rule out any bugs.

thanks for your assistance. I was going remove dhcp on my desktop and check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back