Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackreaf

ISP
Mar 3, 2003
US
I have just installed Linux RedHat 9 and am trying to setup a DNS server for the first time. I can't seem to make things work. Any help would be great. I am running bind 9-2.0

Thanks

I can't seem to stop, start, or restart named. This is what I get when I try

[root@dns chroot-dns-int]# service named restart
[root@dns chroot-dns-int]#

And I have know Idea why it now has [root@dns chroot_dns-int]

It looks like your DNS is chroot'ed which complicates things a bit. The '[root@dns chroot_dns-int]' is because you're in the DNS servers directory.

Your command seems to work fine though. What doesn't work (to repeat Daniels question)??

Cheers

Henrik Morsing
Certified AIX 4.3 Systems Administration
& p690 Technical Support

I decided to start over so I rewrote the server. I will try again this time with out the help of my wife. LOL

Thanks

I had this problem. I had built on dns server linux ver 8 and that worked fine no problems. Then when version 9 came out i decided to have this server handle all my outside dns stuff and when i started the services i had the same problems as you. After a couple of days of fooling around with problem i decided to go back to version 8 and that is where it is now. I think there is a bug with dns linux ver 9.

Thanks for all of your help. After I started over it was a peace of cake.

Thanks again
Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back