Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS Fixups break

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost4life

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2003
US
I am running ver 6.3. Every once in a while a few computers are unable to access sites on the DMZ. I have dns fixup set in the static command, but when I try to browse from the troubled computer, it is going to the external IP. It is fixed by clearing the cache on our internal DNS server and the cache on the local machine. Is there a way to debug dns fixups? Our monitoring computer is one that has been having this problem and I am tired of being paged at 2am for a computer that is not down. Any help would be great.

I know what the problem is. Our dhcp settings hand out our internal dns server as the primary and the secondary dns is one that is also behind the firewall but on a lower security interface. When I do an nslookup from an inside system and connect to the dns server on the DMZ, I get the external IP address. It is not doing the fixups. So now, how do I have the dns server located in the dmz return an internal IP address?

correction. I am doing fixups in the static command.
static (web,outside) 555.555.555.0 192.168.2.0 dns netmask 255.255.255.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back