Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNS Blacklist for spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyboyLDB

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2003
US
Which DNS black list do you subscribe to? Which on seems to work the best? We have Symantec's Mail Security 4.0. Thanks

I am also running SMS 4.0.

I initially started with relays.ordb.org, but it blocked very few connections and we still received a good amount of spam.
I recently switched to sbl.spamhaus.org and it blocks many more connections, but unfortunately, I can't really see a reduction in the amount of spam that is sent our way.

relays.ordb blocked about 2000 connection attempts in 2 weeks. Compared to 14000 blockes by spamhaus over the same time period.

I use POPcon, It helps with dowloading your email, Also is a great spam filter and an antivirus scanner.

I can only show the door, your the one that has to open it !

Also try these in you spam black list

1. Name: ‘DSBL’, Refer toURL: ‘ DNS list domain: ‘list.dsbl.org’
2. Name: ‘MAPS RBL’, Refer to URL: ‘ DNS list domain: ‘blackholes.mail-abuse.org’
3. Name: ‘Spamcop’, Refer to URL: ‘ DNS list domain: ‘bl.spamcop.net’
4. Name: ‘Spamhaus SBL’, Refer to URL: ‘ DNS list domain: ‘sbl.spamhaus.org’
5. Name: ‘ORDB’, Refer to URL: ‘ DNS list domain: ‘relays.ordb.org’

Matrixa - I can only show the dictionary, you're the one that has to open it and check your grammar for your signature.

:)

Ha Ha Very funny. As long as the matrix exists, humans will never be free !

Sorry, was just pointing out the spelling mistake on your signature. It was not intended to be funny.

Thanks for the tips - and the spillling/grammmmitcalll leson two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back