Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNIS - How to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritishMike

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2007
EU
Hi,

I am currently running SECC and have reached the limit set in the software of 75 CDN routes. I am looking at creating some DNIS routes instead but really am not sure where to start - can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Mike

You need to set DNIS to YES in the Meridian on the route feeding the SECC.

You then need to acquire a CDN and IDC the DNIS numbers to that CDN.

You then need to configure the DNIS numbers in the SECC but I can't be sure where this is done, certainly in the call routing wizard, but there may be another place as well where you can assign the name to the DNIS.

Sorry for being dumb but ....

How do I know which route is feeding SECC?

And what do you mean by "acquire a CDN and IDC the DNIS numbers to that CDN"

Thanks !

There's no shame in not knowing, but if you have no concept of the steps I was describing then you really shouldn't attempt to undertake this task.

The best advice to you now is to get your vendor/maintainer to do it.

I hope this posting doesn't sound rude or insulting it is meant to be helpful.

No offence taken ;o)

I am fairly comfortable making the changes - I understand how to set the DNIS to yes on the route but am not certain which route feeds the SECC - is it the main DID route? The part about aquiring the CDN I am not sure about, is this done on the switch or on the symposium? If on the symposium then I am stuck as I reached the maximum for CDN, hence the need for DNIS. If it is on the switch I just need pointing in the right direction.

Thanks for your help so far ...

Yes, normally the DID route is the one, it's the one which contains the numbers dialled for the CDN's.

You create a CDN LD23 on the meridian - just copy an existing one, then acquire it in symposium. You will first have to relinquish one that is already acquired if you have reached the limit, this can then be deleted and it will become a DNIS. In fact all the existing CDN's can be deleted. This is when you need to IDC these old CDN's and any other numbers you wish be processed by Symposium to the new CDN, IDC being Incoming Digit Conversion which is done in the Meridian, Can't remember which overlay.

I can't remember the process in SECC of acquiring the CDN either, but it is very simple, it may even be part of the call routing wizard.

I'm sure someone else will help out and fill in the gaps I've missed.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

ld 49 in the PBX handles the IDC tables.

Acquiring is done in the SCCS
You can acquire the CDN's under SWITCH ADMINISTRATION, then select CDN's. right click will bring up a menu to add a new one, and you will also see acquire on that same menu.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back