Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DND on Busy BCM 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimhusted

Instructor
Jul 16, 2004
US
I recently went out on a trouble call on a BCM at 3,5. The telephone user complained that if she was on any call either on one of the 4 dn appearances or the answer dn on her set, incomming calls went directly to her mailbox. I checked her set, and verified that the problem was happening. I then went into programming and verified that DND on Busy was set to NO. The target lines for her set are Ring Only. The Number of target line appearances are set to 4. Any thoughts?

There is one other place to view for a sets configuration. Under the Call Foward option there is a setting that can be changed Forword on Busy.
Follow this path and check that this option is not used and that there is no DN in this feild.
Unified Manager>Services>Telephony Services>Systems DNs>Active Set DNs>(Choose the set in which is having the issues)xxx>Capabilities>Call Forward
This maybe solve your issue.

Don't forget to look at the AA and make sure that it the extension is not part of/or included in the AA ringing group.

zee5,

Thanks, but they want the set to go to VM on a busy, but as far as I know, the set should not be considered busy until all appearances (lines and dns) are busy, if the DND on busy is set to NO.

WRONG!!!

Your set is considered busy when you pickup one line or intercom.

When the user is on a call or dialing it the set for the KSU is BUSY, so all calls will be transfered to the voice mail if you have enabled FWD on Busy in the KSU.

Good luck!!!

Rapetou,

You may be right, but the documentation says that the purpose of the DND on busy is to allow calls to work up the keys if DND is set to busy. Otherwise, how or why would you program a Target Line to go to the ICM key, and work its way up?

DND is a feature for intercom keys ...so to speak
Call forward takes precedence over DND

ie if you did not have call fwd on busy, then hte calls will work their way up on the intercom keys (just by blinking)

Rapetou is correct any busy condition of the set will send the call to vmail regardless of the number of intercom keys or line appearances if CFB to vmail is invoked.
Same applies to DND.
DND is treated as a busy state.
The reason to assign more than one intercom appearance or line appearance is so that outside callers do not hear a busy signal.
Using if busy to prime and setting the prime DN and the VMAIL DN will send the caller to general delivery.

This is "design intent". :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back