Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DNA Oliver Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButtonIt

Vendor
Apr 1, 2003
GB
Hello,

A friend of mine has changed the default DNA "Oliver" password for SQL on his site. Does anyone know what the default password is? Or a way of checking the DNA on my site to find out?

Try login "sa" with no password
You can test this in the ODBC configuration or by using MS Access and via File, Get external data, Import or Link and connect via ODBC to the SQL-server.

Harold

That is not the problem. There is nothing wrong with SQL or the sa login.

DNA applications like Extension Manager and Directory Manager use a specific login to access the databases. This login is OLIVER. My friend has, stupidly, changed the password for this OLIVER login, meaning that DNA applications cannot connect to the databases.

I have rectified the problem by running the DNA setup program and reinstalling the programmes. This has re-created the OLIVER login in SQL. I would still like to know the password for future reference though.

ButtonIt,

If you have the sa password you can just go into SQL and change the password for OLIVER and then change in your ODBC setup.

Best Regards
Mattias Kressmark

ButtonIt,

I hope this one works as it is not 100% verified :
just delete the Oliver account and run DNA setup and choose option reinstall, that should do the trick. the easiest way is offcourse reset the oliver password to it's original but I can't release it this to public so try the solution above...

greetings,

Could you release it to a Damovo employee? None of the guys I've tried (I worked for Ericsson/Damovo for 8 years so I have some friends on the inside) know the password.

Doesn't matter, I now have the password. Thanks for all suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back